Saturday, November 29, 2008

There's a first time for everything

Thanksgiving evening we went over to Poppy Sternadels house to see Grandma and Grandpa King, Poppy, Marsha, Austin, Christopher and Amy. When I told Jacob where we were going he asked if Marsha was the one that always tries to kiss him? (Jacob is not a kisser of women...he will give hugs and high fives but not fond of kissing) I said yes that is Marsha and he asked if I would ask her not to kiss him....he said, "Tell her I will give her 10,000 gold dollars if she will not kiss me!" I said OK I will tell her. I told Marsha and Jacob and her settled on a big hug instead...which he was ecstatic about. As the evening went on Jacob got reacquainted with Austin and remember he was his cousin and how cool he is. Marsha asked Jacob to spend the night with them at Poppy's house and Jacob said no thanks. (Jacob has only spent the night with my parents Nana and Papa Conway) When we were headed to the car they asked him one more time to spend the night and Jacob asked me if I would pick him up in the morning if he spent the night and I said yes...so he decided he would. He even slept with one of Marsha's big dogs(yuck)!! The next morning I called around 9am to see if he was ready for me to pick him up and he said no just bring him some clothes. Around noon Kenny stopped by to see if he was ready to leave and he said yes but can Austin come to his house and Kenny said that is fine. Around 5pm Marsha and Poppy came out to the house to eat supper and pick up Austin and Jacob wanted so bad for Austin to spend the night with him. Austin could not stay because his sister was coming into town Saturday and he needed to be there to see her. Jacob was a little sad but I bet next time they are in town the first question out of his mouth will be, "Can I spend the night with Austin?" He is growing up so fast. Thanks Marsha for taking such good care of him....now if we can just get both of them to go....I am thinking a week in the summer to spend with a Great Aunt is just around the corner.

No comments: