Friday, October 23, 2009

Mustaches & the Tree Men

Mustache story......
The other day Jacob was looking at his arms and legs and said, "I sure have a lot of hair now". I asked him if he had a beard yet and he said no. Then I asked him what about a mustache and he said, "Let me go look". While he was in the bathroom seeing if he had a mustache Jared was looking at his legs and he said, "I am getting big too, I have a lot of hair on my legs". So I asked him if he had a mustache....you could see him feeling his upper lip and very seriously he said, "Yeap, a bugger mustache". It was the funniest thing in the world....his face was as serious as it could be when he said that. Jacob came back from the bathroom and said he had a mustache too...but you had to look close to see it.

Tree Man story.....
Yesterday on our way to pick Jacob up from school the wind was blowing pretty bad and when we passed a semi-truck on the hwy the wind was so strong it pulled this plastic piece off my car. I had to pull over and fix it and when I got back in the car Jared said, "Daddy needs to let the Tree Men borrowing his orange thing that he cuts trees down with so they can cut all the trees down and then the wind won't blow". After many questions to understand what he was talking about....I now know that the trees is what causes the wind to blow. "If the tree men cut all the trees down then the wind doesn't blow." Man I wish I would have known this.....it makes since though...right? The leaves are blowing that means the wind is blowing....no trees = no leaves =no wind!

I have two silly boys for sure....but I still love them.

No comments: