I can not believe we have a 6 year old. It really does not seem like he should be that old. I remember like it was yesterday bringing him home from the hospital.
I am going to eat lunch with him at school today and then he will have cupcakes for snack today. He was up at 5:45am this morning and didn't forget to remind me that it was his birthday first thing. When his daddy got out of bed the first thing he said to him was, "Wish me a Happy Birthday Dad". He was very excited and I hope his excitement doesn't get him in too much trouble at school today.
Jacob is a very loving child. He is very outgoing and loves playing with friends and sports. He is doing so good in Kindergarten this year. He read his first book to us last night....."Hot, hot, hot". He does good in math as well. I told him last night he is going to be smarter than me before long and he said, "Yeah, I know".
Jacob,
I hope you have the best 6th birthday ever. Your daddy and me love you more than anything and we are very proud of everything you have accomplished and everything you will accomplish. Jared loves you so much and looks up to you everyday. There is a song by Sidewalk Prophets and every time I hear it I think of you and Jared and hope and pray that you always know that your future is as big as you want it to be. You can do anything you put your mind to.
Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope
You're gonna do great things I already know
God's got His hand on You
So don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here
We love you so much and thank God everyday for giving you to us.

No comments:
Post a Comment