Here are some pictures of Jacob getting off the bus after school.
Today was Jacob's first day of Kindergarten at Central with Mrs. Covington. Kenny will be taking him to school in the mornings again and I will be at home when he gets off the bus. This morning Kenny was in a little hurry because he had to take Jacob and all his stuff to school at 8am and then be in Pampa, TX by noon for a meeting with work. It would be a close call but he could make it.
Kenny said Jacob woke up in a good mood, got dressed without problems, ate breakfast and got his morning TV watching in. THEN...it was time to go to school. I might tell you first that last week and last night he has been telling us that he doesn't want to go to Central he just wanted to stay at daycare because you get to go on field trips there....and if you remember back to May he was telling us he didn't want to go to Daycare he just wanted to stay at Central.
So when Kenny said the magic words "Let's Go" things suddenly changed. Jacob was not going to school. Kenny said he had to pull him off the chair and carry him to the truck and place him in the truck. Then when they got to school he wouldn't let go of the seat belt and Kenny had to pry his hands off of it. He then grabbed a pole outside the school door and Kenny had to pull him off the pole. Kenny said his teacher talked to him and he still was not going to the playground or leaving his daddy. As Kenny was trying to walk him to the playground they saw his teacher aid from last year and she talked him into going to the playground with her.
Kenny said he didn't know what he would have done had they not seen Mrs. Brandy. I told Kenny I was glad I didn't go with them this morning because I probably would have been crying too. I am sure that when he gets off that bus this afternoon and I ask him if he had fun he will give me that little smile and say, "yes"....just like he did last May on his first day of daycare.




No comments:
Post a Comment