Friday, August 14, 2009

10 Years today

Two hands of fingers -- that makes ten.
Two hands we have entwined,
A symbol of the love we share
In body, heart and mind.

10 years ago today I married my best friend. I am so glad for the mutual friend that called me that night in August from his college dorm room 14 years ago. Kenny and I talked on the phone every night for a week and had never seen each other. We decided we would meet on the weekend when he came home from college. He was just starting his Freshman year and I was just starting my Junior year in High School. The week before we meet we talked about everything and I knew I already liked him no matter what he looked like. It was Friday night and me and my girlfriends went to Duncan to drive around. We found the mutual friend and he showed me where Kenny lived and it just happened that he was not at home. We drove around some more and then went back by his house and he was there and outside. We had finally met. For me, I knew this was it and his looks were as nice as his personality. We hung out that night and went on our first date Saturday night to dinner and a movie. He had to leave Sunday to go back to Southeastern in Durant and I cried and cried and cried. I knew this was going to be something much bigger than the rest of the relationships I had ever had. So for 2 years I saw him most every weekend and the summers. There was no doubt where I would go to college after I graduated. We spent another 2 years together in Durant while he finished college. The summer of his Junior year in college we were back home working for the summer and he asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES and a year later we were getting married. My wedding day was a dream for sure. Everything was perfect and I knew I had picked the right man. He is loving, caring, and very compassionate. He is a Godly man and makes sure his family is always taken care of. He is as good of a Father as he is a friend and husband. He will do anything for anyone anytime. He has been through a lot the last 5 years with his cancer and getting his medicine adjusted right and no matter how he felt he has still taken care of his family.

Kenny I love you more today than I did 14 years ago.

1 comment:

Danelle V. said...

CONGRATS!!!