
Jacob has been saying his upper right thigh is hurting him...usually in the evenings since Tuesday night. One night it woke him up and even hurt that next morning. I just gave him Tylenol and thought it was probably growing pains. After two days of this I decided I better call the doctor to make sure it wasn't something else....and as always he said to bring him in and let him take a look at it. I really like the boys doctor he has a very good bedside manner and is good with the kids. I took Jacob to the doctors this morning and he took a look at it and then sent us to the hospital to have an x-ray done and some blood work done just to rule out inflammation or anything else. He said if those come back normal he probably just hurt it playing or it might be growing pains. When Jacob heard he had to give blood he started crying(which was before we even registered at the hospital) and said that I needed to tell them not to take his blood. So while we waited on the x-ray he cried, then he went ballistic when we wanted to do the x-ray I guess he thought they were going to take his blood then. They let him see his x-ray of his leg and he thought that was cool. Then he realized we were going to the Lab and he cried the whole way and while we waited to give blood he cried and then when we went in to give blood he came unglued and it took me and 3 other girls to hold him down and get his blood. After they finished getting his blood he said that didn't even hurt. Then he wanted to leave the tape and gauze on his arm to show his friends and teacher when he got to school.
No comments:
Post a Comment