Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Being Honest

Last Thursday I picked Jacob up off the bus and before he got into the car he said, "Mom, I am going to be honest with you." I should have known then that something was wrong. I said, "That is great Jacob what is it." He said, "Well I have a note in my bag from the principles office...but remember I am being honest." I said, "Thank you for being honest but what happened?" He said, "I was trying to help these boys in the bathroom because they were being mean to another boy and pushing him in the bathroom stall and I was trying to help the boy out of the stall and when I shut the stall door....and it did not slam...but the teacher said it did...we all had to go to the principles office for playing in the bathroom. We did not have to stay very long though." I said, "Jacob you shouldn't be helping other kids if you know what they are doing is wrong you should only help someone if they are in trouble" and he said, "they were in trouble mommy." I told him not in trouble like that....only if they are in trouble meaning hurt or stuck. He said, "Well do I still get punished when I get home since I was honest with you?"...and I said yes Jacob if you get in trouble at school you get in punished at home right and he said yes. Then he said, "Well can you make sure you spank me and not daddy and can you use your hand and not the paddle?"

Since his visit to the principles office he has not got into trouble again. Maybe she scared him enough for him not to want to have to visit her again.





Love you Jacob!!

No comments: