Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Riding...riding...and more riding

Monday I made some spaghetti and meatballs for everyone and took it to moms house and then Kenny and I went riding with Mike. We decided we would try to go a little further this time and try a different route. The route ended up being pretty good with some BIG hills and one mean dog. As we were going over a hill this big black dog came running out and barking at us...we peddled as fast as we could and got over the hill out of site. The only bad thing is that we had to go back by the house on our way back. So slowly and quietly we made our way up the steepest hill on the route. We could see him but he could not hear us....I made the guys stay between me and the dog(told them they were supposed to protect the girl)....they didn't really like the idea but they agreed to it. We finally get to the top of the hill and ready to pedal our legs off when Kenny decides to change gears(this is not quiet) and here comes the dog and an intersection....we slowed down to make sure we wouldn't get plastered by and car and then pedalled as fast as you can after you just came up a HUGE HILL! No dog bites yet and I hope to keep it that way.

We ended up getting close to 20 miles and Kenny said I am not stopping until it hits 20 miles so here Mike and I are following Kenny in and out of blocks until we get to 20 miles. FINALLY HOME and WE HIT 20 miles!!!!!!!!! I can not believe I just rode 20 miles. When we started this I thought there is no way I can ride 1 mile much less 20 miles. Kenny says in July we will be riding the 25 mile bike ride they have. I sure hope so!

No comments: