Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Track Meet

Central had their Elementary Track meet on May 12th and I was able to take off and hour from work to go watch Jacob compete. He was in the 30 and 40 yard dash were he finished 1st in both events. Then he did the long jump(long john as he calls it) and his final jump was 5ft. 6 inches about a foot further than everyone else. The last event was the softball throw and he came in 3rd place but he said that is OK because his best friend Cole Taylor got 1st place. He is very good at anything athletic and he is very competitive. I hope he keeps those traits as he gets older. I am so proud of you Jacob you did an awesome job!

Here he is waiting for the track meet to start.

And the race is on........


Here is Jacob and his best friend Cole Taylor waiting and  warming up for the softball throw.

Here he is competing in the long jump and the softball throw.

This is all of Mrs. Covington's boys after they had finished with the tract meet.

No comments: